Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 5, 2013

Spring time is finally here! Knock on wood, fingers crossed.

It's amazing how everything just blooms and transforms in just a few short days. When I left for home last week, the trees were still bare and everything else was also a bit drab. You go to sleep one night and wake up to find the peach tree in blossom and leaves everywhere. It's witchcraft. Witchcraft and science!



I spent some lovely time outside with Ellie which she deserved since she had to go to the vet this week for her regular shots and check-up. Poor little darling; the vet did not like the fact that she's gained some weight which makes absolutely no sense to me. How? She has been on a diet since we got her, five years ago! More witchcraft and science.

Made some insane rice crispy treats with Kenzie when we got together. They might not look pretty but they're chocolate rice crisps toped with melted white chocolate and sprinkles. Star sprinkles.


At first I was only going to be home for a few days. I had asked for only Wednesday off and expected to have to go back for work by Thursday. Except not. They didn't schedule me Thursday or Friday. Maybe as an apology for Sunday? Who cares, I'll take it. It meant I got more time with friends and family and got to see Iron Man 3 at midnight. Well, at 10 pm. They do that now, apparently? Still, Iron Man 3, man. Oh man. Like seriously, oh man. 


This is the image that pops up when I google "iron man the most amazing oh yeah so cool pow pow".
I think it accurately sums up how I feel about the movie. It was amazing and yeah so cool pow pow.
Way better than Iron Man 2. I don't think it can quite beat the first Iron Man just because Jeff Bridges. But so close. Everyone should go see it. Seriously, stop whatever you are doing right now and get your butt to the closest movie theater and make yourself happy.

It was a longer vacation than I had expected but it still ended way too soon. I'm already back in town, working, getting tea and pie at my favorite tea house, and waiting for summer classes to start. Which is actually going to be a bit of a longer wait than I had originally thought. Summer classes start on the 6th but since I'm only taking a chemistry lab the first half of summer, I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In a regular semester, labs don't meet the first or last week of classes. This is summer though so we don't have as much time. Still, we're not meeting until the first Thursday so now I don't have anything until the 9th. What to do. If you're wondering where I'll be, I'll be here twiddling my thumbs and or eating more pie at the tea shop.



1 comment:

  1. Tea and pie Lisa? I dunno...sounds pretty hipster to me...

    ReplyDelete