The twiddling of my thumbs did not happen. Actually, I haven't had much time to do anything since I got back. I've been picking up a lot of shifts at work and then all the rest of my time has been dedicated to the lab or to my class. The class doesn't seem like it will be all that hard on it's own, probably just time consuming and annoying because it's going to force me to wear closed toed shoes and long pants in the summer. The lab is being very educational and an eye opening experience... if not just time consuming. I'm starting to become more and more a morning person. I have to because I have to wake up and run to the lab every morning before I do anything else. The last week my schedule has looked pretty much the same.
wake up
work in lab
run to class
class
back to lab
work in lab
run to work
work
slug back to apartment
fall asleep
repeat
I feel like this is how crazy people are made.
Mother's day weekend is such a pleasant weekend when you're on the receiving end of the kitchen. Not so much when you're inside the kitchen. At least I got to spend Friday with my parents and celebrated then because they were on their way to spend the weekend in Chicago with my sister. They stopped by, dropped off my bike, and I took them out to dinner. I would have loved to go with them to Chicago but I had to work open to close both Saturday and Sunday. We were on a wait from 11:30 am to a half hour before close on Sunday. My whole body aches. Or that could just be because I biked to campus for the first time this morning and realized how just very out of shape I truly am. Seriously, I almost passed out when I finally got into the lab and it even took me so long that I was late and got some serious stink eye from my lab instructor. Bike was a bad idea, a very bad idea and I'm dreading the thought of having to ride it back to my apartment. Maybe I'll just stay on campus and find somewhere to hide, sleep, and never leave.
Also my lungs might be on fire and I think I'm dying?
If my body were a vessel, it would be an oil tanker.
Oh look, I have to run back to the lab now. If my legs will allow it. Nope... nope... oh, there they go.
Woop woop working in the lab!! That's gonna be awesome experience.
ReplyDelete