Monday, April 29, 2013

April 28, 2013

I have just snuck super secret like back into my house and attacked Ellie, nearly suffocating her with hugs. Now she is resting very painfully atop my injured ankle but in such a cute fashion that I can not be brought to make her move.

The semester is over, huzzah! Thank goodness. I was going mad over finals but I'm glad they're over. Don't feel like I've done too terribly on any of them but we won't find out until Tuesday. Other than that, I haven't been doing a lot this week. I planted some strawberry seeds in the hope that maybe growing a plant will stop me from going crazy this summer from isolation. I'm taking a few classes this summer but none of my friends are so until this fall I'm back where I started a few months ago, in need of socializing in class. Which I do not like doing. My strawberries haven't even sprouted but I've already named it Lindler. Because I was studying Chemistry so much and I couldn't get that out of my head.

Made some apple pie cupcakes for Robbie's birthday, they were delicious. Everything, even the frosting was made from scratch and the recipe accidentally made a bazillion cupcakes meaning Robbie got some, and work got a ton as well. And boy, did we need some cupcakes at work with this weekend and all.


Graduation might be worse than any other major holiday. Everyone and their mother wanting to eat there. And I'm serious, they all had their mothers. Saturday was Chaos. We were prepared for it and eventually it was over, whew. Celebration, yes? No. We were prepared for Saturday but not Sunday? Western had it's ceremony on Saturday but the community college had its today. No-one realized this I guess? No-one thought it would matter? Who knows. All I know is we were way understaffed and I was there open till close. I'm supposed to be on summer vacation, right? 

1 comment:

  1. Blegh. I hate how working at restaurants makes you hate holidays. And people.

    ReplyDelete