Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10, 2013

The Muse concert was amazing. They're always amazing. They played Sunburn and New Born which is not usual at all. That was pretty awesome because they haven't been playing anything pre-Absolution for the last three years (unless you count Feeling Good which no-one counts because although I love their version of it, they over play it a butt ton). It's always funny going to these concerts because you get to see all the different types of fans there are. There are some people that you really just wonder why they're even there because they don't seem like they know who Muse are or even like them. I tried really hard to ignore the people in front of us even though they kept shouting stupid comments because they didn't know who Morgan was or why he was on stage in the background for a few of the songs. Takes all kinds to make a world. Takes all kind to make a fanbase. And you can take that to the bank.


Concert went as follows:
-Almost got lost because Sarah ignored my directions
-Sarah's window wouldn't roll up and it took us 20 minutes to basically hand pull it up in 30ยบ weather
-Go to pick up tickets at the ticket booth
-Get led to a creepy stairwell where we thought we were going to get murdered
-Actually only took us to will call and everything got fixed
-Saying 'I'm not going to buy anything'
-Buying a lot of merchandise
-Waiting for Dead Sara
-Listening to Dead Sara patiently
-The massive crunch of the mosh pit compressing as Muse began
-MUSE
-Water was a must
-Drive to Denny's

After the gig, Sarah and I met up with Stephanie and we all went to Denny's. Maybe I was a little more contact high than them because I seriously packed away my whole meal which was french toast, two eggs and bacon with a milkshake and most of the pancake puppies. The rest of the week was great as well. Out until 3 or 5am? Sure! My sleep pattern is almost back to normal at this point which is good because school starts back up tomorrow.

Losing the hour has not really helped. I opened today at work and was so confused. Even though I had changed all my clocks last night I still woke up with shear panic that it was the wrong time and then for the next half hour had to constantly remind myself that it was indeed an hour forward and not backwards.

Tomorrow I get to meet with my genetics professor and everyone in his lab to see what/when/where I can do in the summer. I'm a bit nervous because what if people don't like me oh dear.

2 comments: