It's been a really crazy week. I haven't had much time for anything and it's driving me insane. It is midterms though, so I guess it does make a certain amount of sense. Thank goodness I recently obtained Philip Glass' album Glassworks which has my favorite piece by him on it. I feel as if I have linked that to my blog a dozen times already but I don't care. I could listen to this on loop forever. Not that I totally do, or anything. Anywho, he's really been helping me focus, sleep, and pretty much function in every way possible. Philip Glass and lists. I am such a list person, it's ridiculous. I make lists for everything.

These are just two of my lists from this week. I have one for each day. I don't know if you realize this or not, but that is a crazy amount of stuff to get done in one day. If I still had long hair, I'd be taring it out.
I think I lose weight in strange places, like my wrists. I don't really need to lose weight in my wrists. I would much rather lose it from my thighs or my stomach but no, my body insists on it leaving my wrists. I just give up on trying to understand my body shape. I'm going to be classified as a new species when I die because I'll have crazy huge thighs and yet bony wrists. They'll think I'm an antelope or something.
This is all tied to my late night work outs though. I've gotten into the habit (it's been every single night this week so yes, it is a habit) to start working out at 2:30am. At first it started after a day of breaking my diet so I felt guilty and thought I needed to do something to make up for my ruined day. Then it happened the next night as well. Except that night, I hadn't broken my diet at all. I just had the random urge to work out that late at night. Now it has become routine. I tell myself that it's punishment for staying up so late. If I'm going to stay up until 2:30am I might as well do something good for myself. So yeah, this has been a paragraph about nothing. I digress.
Saturday night, I went to go see the schools production of the Greek tragedy 'Pheodre'. Now, someone had once told me that it was supposed to be a comedy. It wasn't. Whoever told me that must have been on drugs. Everyone dies. Everyone. Yes, there are jokes here and there, especially in the beginning but the last act was just a bombshell of 'guess what? They're dead!' announcements. The play overall was alright, some of the actors were good, some... were not. It's kind of extinguishing to watch plays where you hate the main female character. Every time Pheodre opened her mouth, I just rolled my eyes. Oh well, that's how the character was written I guess, as an over dramatic emotional wreck.
Oh yeah! Remember that guy I wrote about four weeks ago? The guy I went out with on a couple dates? Chris, yeah? He's engaged.
I would just like to take this moment to tell everyone 'I told you so.' I knew him and Amy would be perfect for each other. I knew when they started dating that they would probably get married. I am a matchmaker. Still, although I said all of this, it was usually joking. I mean, four weeks? They've only been dating for four weeks. The wedding day is April 14th. That's in a month and a half. That's way too soon. I know things are different for everyone and if they know it's right then it's 'right'. I will respect their wishes but holy crap. Four weeks. If we didn't live in the culture that we live in, everyone would suspect that he knocked her up. I am genuinely happy for them both though. Amy seems happy and Chris... well he seemed his awkward self when I congratulated him but I assume he's happy as well.
Tonight is the Oscars. I'm super excited even though I was unable to go down to Utah and have the Oscars party like I wanted with Stephanie. I will just pretend that she's sitting next to me while I go 'oooh' and 'ahhh' at every single award and cry at all the speeches. Yup, that's my plan for tonight.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????????????? That's crazy. And yes I'm extra saddened by your absence while I watch the Oscars tonight. I'll text you a lot, though.
ReplyDelete