Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4, 2012

We got new couches in our apartment! Complaining really does work, you just have to do a lot of it. We also had an electrician come in early one weekday and fix the problem we had with our microwave/stove. The stove no longer shoots sparks out it's bottom whenever you use the microwave. Not like it was a really big fire safety hazard or something?

So although you are now thinking, "Wow, Lisa these apartments sound like such quality! I can't believe you live there." I have to say that I sold my contract for Spring so I won't be living here again. Big surprise, huh?

I'm watching a bit more television than normal now that Netflix has finally gotten all the seasons of Supernatural. I have too many friends who are obsessed with this show to not give it a chance. I started watching it back in September though and never got really far because the ways in which I had to watch them, took a lot more time to get/watch than was worth it. I really do like the show though. Now I'm going through it a lot quicker and I'm pretty excited to get to the later seasons which everyone tells me is even better.

So midterms are pretty much over and I just want to reflect a bit over this semester so far. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I haven't skipped class even once yet. I missed my biology class the first week but that doesn't even count considering it's one credit and we only have class once a week and most weeks we just do things online. So yeah, I'm awesome. As long as you avoid the fact that I've been out past 'curfew' more this semester than any other semester. I'm a junior now, no-one really cares. It's not like I'm ever doing anything unsavory either. It's usually just because I've gotten carried away talking to friends.

March has brought a lot of things! For one, we had a crazy snowstorm that finally gave us a bunch of snow. It really is March, in like a lion and out like a lamb. The snow is already pretty much melted away though. Delancey's birthday was this week! She is now the good old age of 21. Instead of going out and buying a few drinks, which we were tempted to do, I made her a cookies n' cream cake and watched Aladdin. I'm pretty sure she liked her gift, which was a Foxy Shazam T-shirt.

Nutella. It's the most unhealthy thing I own at the moment. It's so delicious and makes everything better. The sad thing, with it being the most naughty thing I have in terms of dieting, it has become my comfort food. This week, I decided to rid myself of the temptation. Aka, sat down on a particularly disheartening day and just shovel nutella straight into my mouth via spoon. It's all gone now and the idea is that without it, I'll be able to stick to eating healthier more. BUT- there is always a but. But, I like nutella, obviously. I don't think I'll be able to resist buying another tub of it. This is causing quite the feelings war within myself. I want nutella. I shouldn't have nutella. I need nutella. I really technically shouldn't probably need nutella. Oh nutella, why can't you be healthy? I mean, you're by all means the worst thing in the world but then again, one serving is only one tablespoon of the stuff and I don't even want to see how many calories that is. Also, I know (especially the other night with the spoon and the sulking and the stuffing my face) I was not limiting myself to just one tablespoon. Life as a college student is quite pathetic, isn't it?

I also finally got my haircut yesterday. I feel so much better now.



Just a quick p.s.
My roommate is having a cocktail party next week so we were trying to find me a new dress to wear to it, that was both a failed mission and not the point. The point is, she bought herself a pizza maker for twenty bucks and it's one of the best things ever. I have eaten more pizza in the past three days than the whole year combined. We've been making it from scratch and using real nice mozzarella cheese, it's pretty authentic and sooooo delicious. I think I might have to buy me one of these things one day.

p.s.s. I will leave you with a quick sketch of me and Captain America. This is what I do instead of my school work.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! I am so impressed that you haven't missed any class. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair. Like a lot. And I envy your class-attending skillz.

    ReplyDelete