Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18, 2011

Friends are home for Christmas break and that is exactly why this is going to be a really short post this week. I really am going to write this up, put on some pants, and then rush over to Sarah's because she just got home a few hours ago and I'm needy.

I only have three days left of work. That's cool, right? I've been procrastinating packing for school as always but at least this time I've made a list. I always end up either not taking enough or taking waaay too much. Perhaps this year I'll get it just right. I really will need mjolnir, my top hat, and Tron identity disks out in Idaho, right? This is going to be really hard... I've already made myself promise to only take five books out and I tear up just a bit even thinking about which ones to choose.

Kinda freaking out just a bit a lot over the fact that Christmas is in one week exactly. Our tree is up and mostly decorated. Even though we went out and chopped down a real tree for Christmas, my mum doesn't think it smells enough like Christmas tree so she got some smelly ornaments to put on it that's meant for fake trees. I don't know why I find that funny, but I do.

I'm kinda can't remember what else happened this week.

Food wise, I made Cranberry Streusel Shortbread Bars...


This recipe has made me fall in love with cranberries. It was quite hard to find them at the store. Just imagine me, wandering around the grocer for a good hour or so mumbling 'cranberries, fresh cranberries. Where oh where are the cranberries?' Yup, that was pretty much me. Still, they're delicious and I'm not good at words so I can't even explain how it tastes other than yum.

A pumpkin roll...


Easier to make than you'd think! I know it's not really fall anymore but that won't stop me from making pumpkin stuff because I just love pumpkin.

I also made a dirt cake for everyone at work but I didn't get a photo of it. Whoops, oh well.

Funny how now everyone at work is lining up requesting things for me to make for them when my last day is Wednesday. Too bad, suckahs!

1 comment: