(Let's just take a moment to appreciate my Agent Coulson shirt that my amazing friend, Kat, got me for my birthday)
In other news, there has been a lot of baking going on in the house this week. I made some pumpkin chocolate chip squares that I'm actually very proud of because they're made with fresh pumpkins that I prepped and puréed all by myself. I had no idea what I was doing but apparently I got it right in the end because these were delicious.

I also made some cherry pistachio bites which were really easy and quick to make. I was trying to fix the fact that all I seem to do is bake sweets and I thought my parents would really enjoy these. Specially my dad because he loves cherries and pistachios. I do feel sort of bad though, because I'm pretty sure he didn't even get to try one. Like I was saying, they were delicious and I couldn't help myself. They were gone within a day.That's another little problem with me doing all this cooking. All of us here in the house have been trying to diet. I am obviously not helping with that. We really need an outlet for all these sweets. Someone to give them to rather than eating them all ourselves. I tried sending my pumpkin squares with my mum to the family history center but that didn't work out as well as I thought it would. They're mostly little old folks there who either have no soul because they don't like pumpkin, or can't have sugary stuff because they're, well, old.
Dillinger got a new tank yesterday! Dillinger is my free goldfish won from Fall Fest back in September. We didn't think he'd probably live very long and normally carnival fish don't. Everyone at work was betting he wouldn't last two weeks. Well, it's mid November now and he's at least two months old! I'm proud of my little special ed fish! Still, I figured that it's pretty obvious now that he's a survivor and will most likely be around for a while and deserves a real home. Don't get me wrong, I've loved him since the moment I got him but I didn't want to sink too much money into something that could die in a few days so I got just a really small cheap beta tank. That thing was much too small for a goldfish when he's having to share the space with a little Buddha statue and fake algae. He's got plenty of room now. The tank even has a filter system so I won't have to change his water every three days! He looks very happy... as happy as a fish can, if not just a little traumatized.
We did have quite an interesting time moving Dillinger from one tank to the other. He was in the fish net and I was about to flip it over and set him free in his new tank when he decided to flop out on his own, and onto my desk. I really need work on keeping my cool during these kind of situations because I honestly just threw the net off into the distance and began to repeat 'oh my gosh' over and over as he flopped around my desk. Don't worry, eventually (honestly, my freak out was just a short moment), I composed myself, scooped him up with my hands and plopped him into the water. When I woke up today he was still alive. Crisis solved.
It snowed this week. It only lasted a few moments and nothing stuck but it was still snow and it was enough to remind you that winter is on its way. Not that I really need the reminder because the bar is already decorated for Christmas and as always, it's like walking into a winter wonderland. I really wish I could describe it but it's really just a sight for eyes. All the Santas and elves are hanging from the ceiling. The garland and lights are up and the red and green bulbs in the regular light sockets cast their creepy glow on all the customers. The giant tree is up and decorated along with the fake giant presents hanging on the walls. It's almost just like Bronners considering that's where the owner gets all the decorations. And for all those who are not aware, Bronners is the world's largest Christmas store located in Frankenmuth, Michigan.
I'm sure everyone already knows this but Netflix is one of the greatest things in the world. I just discovered that all the seasons of Red Dwarf are on instant play. That show is my childhood. I honestly have to say that it's one of my favorite shows, definitely in the top five. Things just get better as well, apparently they're making another season of the show and will be filming. If I could go overseas to be a part of the live audience, I would do it. Heck, I would give all the toes on my left foot for the chance.

Another Netflix conquest, the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Now I know what you're probably thinking. 'Lisa, that's a children's show!', and you'd be right. But honestly, I started this show on Friday and I just finished all 26 episodes of the first season this morning. This show is genius. I actually want the Avengers film in May to be just like this, only with more Coulson. I tried explaining it to someone once, trying to explain that the jokes are hilarious and the actual imagery of some of the scenes are just beautiful. They got amazing voice actors and I just love it. If you can find a series that can just make you smile from watching it, you should hold on to it. So, that's what I'm going to do. All I have to do now is wait for season two to come out.
Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm really only eight years old.

OMG We're gonna go see it together. I'm making sure of it. :)
ReplyDeleteO.O
ReplyDelete