Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

If you didn't notice, I changed the title from 'diary' to 'journal'. I've never been fond of the word diary. It always makes me feel like I should be twelve years old again and sitting in a pool of teddy bears. Journal is much more adult like. Quite more fitting especially since I officially turned twenty years old on Wednesday.

It was a good birthday, I got the day off of work and really enjoyed it... really needed it actually. I broke my diet to have some of the yummy cake the my mum had baked for me, it was delicious even if my mum did have trouble with the frosting. Another birthday surprise, my parents had allowed the house to be set at a cozy 78º instead of the chilly 72º they usually keep it. I'm freezing cold all the time, but not on my birthday! I got a bunch of books, DVDs (including the masterpiece theater version of Jane Eyre hehehe) and... a camel toe. I was completely surprised when I got a letter in the mail from my old roommate, Heather and what was inside but the old camel toe. Our apartment had this old... thing. None of us know where it was from but Mary and Heather had found it laying on the ground in a parking lot one day and brought it home with them. It looks like the leg of a camel or something. We decided to make it into a game, after writing 'you've got camel toe!' on it with sharpie, you try to hide in places for your roommates to find and then they're supposed to hide it for the next person etc. and since no-one is allowed to say who has it at the time, you live in complete fear that it will turn up one day while you're in class, reaching into your bag to grab a pencil. Well, it has now followed me to Michigan. Pretty sure that should be against the rules or something. Oh well, I'll get them back somehow.

Another thing about my diet, I started it a few weeks ago and it's actually going really well. I only mess up once and a while but it's very simple. I eat three meals a day (moderate portions) and that's all. No snacks, no treats, not even ice cream or muffins. I've already lost about ten pounds from this. My clothes are slowly getting baggy which is a blessing and a curse. The idea of losing weight it great but the idea of having to buy a whole new wardrobe? Yeah, not so much fun. Shopping is tiring especially if your body is a continually shifting blob of awkwardness like mine is. For now I'm just going to have to deal with wearing my baggy, butt sagging pants and hope people tip me extra just out of pity.

Which reminds me, Halloween! I really can not express how excited I am for Halloween this year. I mean, I'm always excited since it's my favorite holiday and all but this year is just going to be amazing, I can feel it. Now I'm just repeating myself over and over. Pretty sure I said I was excited for Halloween in my last post as well... yup, yes I did. Anywho, I figured out what I'm going to be this year along with Evette. I already finished her costume but mine is taking a little bit more time and a lot more money. I kinda don't want to spoil the surprise but I promise to take pictures of them. Honestly, once you see them you probably won't be surprised at all. Although, it's not Tron, it's almost something just as cool.

Yes, I did hear back from BYU. I didn't get in, again. I'm pretty much giving up on that school. This was the third time I've tried and maybe it's just not what I'm supposed to do. All I know for sure at the moment is that I don't know at all what I'm going to do. As I see it, I have six different possibilities of what to do next.

1. I could go back to Idaho
2. Stay in MI and go to scraft
3. Apply to somewhere else in MI and pray that it's not too late
4. Run off to England
5. Stay and work, earn enough to open my café/bakery
6. Drop out of everything. Life. Living. Basically, become a bum.

I'm making a pros and con list for everything but I have to be honest, the England option is looking more and more attractive every single day.

As you can also probably figure out, I'm flaking out about animation. I'm not sure that it's what I want to do. This whole thing has kind of shaken my future goals. It's just hard to figure out what I want to do when I enjoy so many things. Maybe if for once I was given some encouragement in one direction, that would be nice.

On a random note, I finished Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Mixed feelings. Still trying to figure out if staying up to 3am finishing it was worth it when I had to open the next day. I liked it but there were so many annoying factors in it. I don't usually like reading books where I hate the main character. And Shadow is barely tolerable until the last few chapters. Still, I loved all the mythology in it. Even if I was unable to read it without imagining Wednesday as Anthony Hopkins. Now I can move on to my other books seeing as I still have quite a stack to finish (Note to self, I really need a new bookcase).

At the moment, I am relaxing after working a 36 hour weekend and listening to Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto aka their new album that just came out today. Someone was fabulous and snuck it into my car as a surprise today. It's beautiful and I love it. Paradise is still the song of my life at the moment.

P.s. Best idea of the week was to make a copy of my Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack for my car. I swear every day this week I've had the Oogie Boogie song stuck in my head while serving tables. I've even been caught a few times singing This Is Halloween while at work. The cool kids might be the ones who blast rock in their cars but honestly, I think us weirdos blasting soundtracks are more awesome.

again: this is my future home.

1 comment:

  1. I will move to England with you. I'm dying my hair first. I'm not being a kicked ginger over there...

    ReplyDelete