Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 13, 2014

I'm already tired of summer and I'm ready for autumn. I did the summer things. I ate a popsicle, I went to the beach... what else do you do in the summer? Cry over the heat? Done that already and it hasn't even been that hot.

Want to hear about the really exciting things I've been up to lately? Well, I got the light in my bedroom fixed this week. It's been out since March and I've been living by the light of the Earth (oh and a few lamps) ever since. This is a testament to how lazy I really am. I was almost just going to leave it completely seeing as I'm moving in August it seemed like I had gone without a light this long that a few more weeks would be no problem. Then the guilt of leaving that for the next tenant to deal with got the best of me.

Stephanie spent a few days visiting me as well, after a crazy night at the casino (and by crazy I mean Steph losing 20 bucks and me breaking even and being too level headed to bet anymore for the chance to lose any of that) we lazed around and made some sushi and I've kind of been making it every day since then.


This post was supposed to have so much more success in it. I was prepared to post about this dress I was trying to dye. I got it for Delancey's wedding but it's kind of flesh colored and I'm too pale for it to look nice. Unless the whole 'look naked' look is in. So I bought some dye and tried to make it purple/blue. Well, after dying our washing machine purple, my tan dress is now just dingy tan. Guess I should have read about how that type of dye was not suggested for 100% polyester. Now I'm spending the afternoon just trying to make it so that next time Robbie or I wash our clothes, we don't end up with a wardrobe the shade of a plum.

I'm seriously not having luck with the dye jobs this week, am I? I also dyed my hair again but it only made it like a shade lighter than it was before. Robbie didn't even notice it had changed aha!


I just gotta stop playing it safe. Metaphor for life~ but seriously, we'd only been to the casino once before and I broke even that time as well. I guess I don't get bitten by that gambling bug like everyone else. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go make some sushi and listen to I should Live in Salt by the National on repeat. Because there's nothing more soothing. 

1 comment:

  1. That was such a good couple of dayssssss. When do you move back again??

    ReplyDelete