Happy October!
Welcome to fall. Even if it doesn't feel like it yet with the 80 degree weather we've been having here but we're thankfully going to get back to 60's tomorrow.
It's only been the first week of October but I've already made pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin ice cream, and pumpkin cupcakes... twice! I actually need to buy more pumpkin at the store soon cause my stock is running low. Even the pumpkin from our own carved pumpkins has been used. And yes! We carved pumpkins this week. Probably the first carving of many to come along in the future. They're already not looking too awesome with the hot weather they've begun molding and my face now looks like an old man without teeth.
I'm feeling much better this week although now I have a cough that developed as of today and I can't tell if that's worse than the annoying feeling of death knocking on my door last week. Okay, that was a bit dramatic, honestly it was just a minor sniffle attack.
Last night we had a small dinner party which was fun. Robbie made some fancy pasta with squash in it and we learned that if you're going to use a chair to rocket water balloons from your balcony, these bungee chairs actually work quite well. Also, pokemon monopoly is probably the best of the monopolies out there.
Tis the season for me to be picking out classes for next semester, my final semester. Queue the twilight zone music. Yup, graduation is just around the corner and I can smell it. It smells like pumpkin. I'm really excited and to be honest, a little bit scared. I don't know what the next step for me is but I'm also kind of okay with that. I'm actually a little happy that I don't know. Seems a little more like an adventure that way.
I don't have an interesting segue into my rant but I just want to take a few paragraphs to complain about something that's been bothering me for the last couple of days. The internet. I probably have more pet peeves than I realize, I'll admit that. But people who leak the internet into real life have got to be on my top five, right next to people who turn into the far lane instead of the closest lane. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF MAKING A SLIGHTLY TIGHTER TURN? DO IT RIGHT. Anywho, the internet. It belongs on the internet. No where else. Jokes on the internet are only funny on the internet. People do not say 'For the Win' in real life. Memes are not funny when they are spoken out loud in conversation. Just do yourself a favor and stop. I believe there is a time and a place for these things. There's nothing wrong with enjoying them when in the right setting. It is possible to compartmentalize your life. If your internet life is so full that it is spilling out into your real life and you just can't help but using internet jargon then it's probably a sign that you need to reduce that bit of your life.
Now I do realize it's nearly 2am and this just seems like the ramblings of a crazy person. It probably is. It's just something that really irks me. And I'm allowed to be irked by it.
This rant was brought to you by the show Fangasm by syfy and most young adults alive today.
No comments:
Post a Comment