Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 29, 2013

There's just something unjust about being ill while in college.
Doesn't help that I'm a baby when it comes to being sick. I don't think it's that I have a low pain tolerance, because if I've been cut or stabbed, not a big deal but if I've got a cold? I'm down, I'm out, I don't want to live any longer.

At least I have tang. My illness never feels complete unless I'm drinking tang and playing Harvest Moon. I'm just grateful that I was able to find people to cover my shifts because that's given me more time to get better. Plus it's not good to be ill on people's food.

I'm pretty sure I got sick this week because I was over stressed. You know how professors all like to have their exams at the same time as each other? Like within the same week? I'm pretty sure if I were a professor I would do exams at NOT that time because it is so STRESSFUL. Anywho, that was last week and this is this week and it's looking a whole lot less stressed. Yes, I have an exam this week, but at least there isn't a second one the day after that!

Other downside of being sick was that plans fall through and I hate hate hate it when plans fall through. I didn't get to go to the renaissance fair again this year because we had been planning for yesterday. Of course, I was too sick to be standing around in the heat of the sun in a hot outfit for many many hours. It's been forever since I've been able to go though. Perhaps that's one of the few things I missed about High School? Not because of the school part but because I went every single year in High School but haven't been able to go since. Next year. Sarah has assured me as much as one can assure another person about potential plans a year in the making, that we'll go next year. So instead of going, I spent the day drinking tang and sitting in my old man chair.

 Rocking will bring all the silver foxes to my yard, yes?

On another note, this semester I've been getting Robbie into the BBC Robin Hood. It'd been a while since I'd watched the series and I'd forgotten how good it was, and how in love I had been with it. Yup, still got it. Still teared up at the end of season 2. I'm really glad that Robbie likes it though because now we have a sort of pact. After Robin Hood she's going to make me watch Firefly, and hopefully in the right order. 

But how could she not enjoy Robin Hood? I mean seriously, it's great. 


The plot is great. 


The acting is great.


The character development is great.


The music is awesome.


Did I mention the plot?


Yeah, the plot is awesome. 

Pshhh and people made fun of me in High School for loving this show. 

3 comments:

  1. A+ update, would read again. Also you dork... save some silver foxes for me.
    I need to get around to watching Robin Hood. The plot looks great lemme tell you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If rocking bring silver foxes then I need a rocking chair immediately! Great idea! Robin Hood is fantastic...my only complaint is the costumes. I don''t know what it is but they really bothered me when I watched. Ok...maybe it was just the sheriff waking up in the woods in silk pajamas. That made me upset for some bizarre reason. I can't believe you haven't seen Firefly! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete