Nah, it wasn't until last night amid my hurried genetics cramming that I realized I still needed to write this week and it seemed appropriate.
Busy, this week has been.
First of all, I am amazing. I didn't know if you knew that already, but I am. And I'm pretty happy with my life at the moment, as long as I can keep it together. I'm convinced I can have it all. Yes, I am Liz Lemon in every way. The reason I am saying this is because I got into my professor's genetics lab and I'll be working over the summer with zebra fish researching different mutations with them. This is one of the amazing opportunities that I've been waiting for. Once it's summer I'll be putting at least ten hours in there every week but they want me to even start now before the semesters over so that I can get familiar with the lab and the technologies. Never mind the fact that I work 30 hours a week and I also am a full time student. Yes, I am starting to feel the stress from all of that. No, I am not willing to compromise any bit of my schedule.
Tuesday I went to see Mother Mother! As you probably read a few weeks ago, I love them. They are probably in my top eight bands. They were opening for AWOLNATION which were awesome on their own. It was a good thing, too because to be honest, I actually missed Mother Mother perform. The problem was that when I bought the ticket I wasn't really thinking. The venue was about an hour away that wasn't the problem. I've driven much further for a gig before and I'm sure I'll drive much further in the future as well (4 hours to Columbus, Ohio? Not to mention the time I actually flew from Idaho to Detroit for one weekend to see Muse in 2010). No, the problem was when I bought the tickets I wasn't thinking about how I have late classes on Tuesdays. I don't get out of my physics lab until 6pm. I don't even get back to my apartment until 6:30pm. Because I'd promised to drop off treats (peanut butter cheesecake brownies) to my friend at work since it was her birthday, I didn't even get to leave until 7pm.
I figured I was okay. Since I stalk them on the internet, I'd noticed that they had gone on from 8 to 9pm the last couple of gigs they've done and I figured since tours are pretty repetitive that it would be the same for me. Nope. Apparently there was a switch up last minute and they actually got bumped up to 7:30 and only played a half hour. When I got there at 8:05 they had literally just walked off the stage. The rest of the gig was enjoyable but I would be lying if I were saying that I wasn't a little sad inside the whole time AWOLNATION was performing.
Crowd surfing, oh yea. There was this girl a few people behind me that kept trying to crowd surf but the old couple directly behind me kept letting her fall. Every single time. She tried probably five times before she figured it out that they were not going to hold her up and then she got really upset at them. I think they were there with their children because they did not seem into the concert at all. It was hilarious, the wife kept exclaiming how surprised she was to see pot or anything else unsavory. There was a time when even Aaron (the singer) jumped into the crowd and surfed. Pretty cool, dude.
This is something I've been missing. This is how it should be. Going to one or two concerts a month.
The rest of my week has been work work study slack off work pretend to study work actually study and work. Didn't even feel like a holiday because I worked open to close.
Yesterday I got my key to the lab so I can stop breaking into the research building and actually just walk in like a free woman. I start tomorrow, breeding lil' baby fishes. This job might actually be a bit hard because we're talking about the girl who named all her worms when she went fishing with her grandparents at age 10 and got really upset when they all died. I'll try not to get attached to every single embryo because most of them are probably going to die. It's probably wont' be hard at all since it'll be when they're embryos so not really fishes. Woa there Lisa! You almost went into the life discussion! Alert! Alert! ha.
Tonight there's a TLA meeting which might be awkward because I think someone thinks I'm dating them. I didn't think we were "dating" but now he's talking like his life plans affect me when I really don't care what he does with his future so I don't know what that means at all because our communication skills are whack. I was really hoping that I got away from all these 'dtr' talks when I moved. I'm obviously not very good at them. I don't know what the problem is, I do not flirt. I gave that up a long time ago and I don't even try any more. It goes further, I can not physically flirt. I tried once even when I had a boyfriend and he didn't even realize what I was doing so yeah. Don't know what the problem is, I don't want any of this ever. None of this makes any sense because it's all out of context and I apologize. No matter what happens, at least there will be treats.
Ta-daaaa! Chocolate covered pretzels that look like sonic screwdrivers. No- I haven't seen the new episode that's what I'm going to do tonight so no spoilers. But I first created these a few months ago but I don't think I ever posted about them? Maybe? Don't remember. Anywho, I finally got around to making them for our meeting and I'm excited to see what people think of them.
Speaking of shows that I haven't watched yet- I am seriously behind on everything. Game of Thrones started back up on Sunday and I need to watch that real bad, I have it, just need time. Don't even get me started on Supernatural because I haven't watched any of the recent episodes for the last month and a half. The Walking Dead is sitting in a corner judging me as I try to finish Breaking Bad before I even start season 3. Oh yeah, I forgot about you, last 8 episodes of Merlin.
Can I just drop out of school and watch television shows, bake, read Terry Prachett, and go to concerts? Oh yeah, responsibility.



I was about to punch you in the face. With a chair. Made out of fire.
ReplyDelete