Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2, 2012

This week was really the last week of freedom for me. Classes start on Tuesday so I'll be leaving home tomorrow night to get out to Western and just stay there. I'm already moved out there though, we did that half on Wednesday before my work orientation and the rest on Saturday. Why yes, I do already have a job out there! My last day at work at the bar was on Tuesday. I'm kind of sad to be leaving everyone there because I honestly get along with all my coworkers and I can honestly say some are friends. My new job isn't much different though. I'm a server for a catering company, so I'll be setting up tables in ballrooms, bringing out the food, making sure drinks stay full and taking plates away and just standing there looking helpful while people celebrate being married and stuff.

Now for something completely different, Chaplin's tomato was finally ready to be harvested.


It looks perfect. Chaplin, I am sad to say, is not doing well. It looks like he gave his all into this little tomato and now, he's given up. We salute you, little tomato plant and will continue to water and feed you to ease your journey back to the Earth. 

Now for the political segment of this week: 
I am registered to vote. 

I know, I turned 18 years ago. I should have registered right then and there but I didn't and even though there were smaller local things to vote on I still never registered just because for the most part, I'm usually not home to vote on stuff that happens there and I'm not going to vote for Idaho's stuff, that doesn't concern me. I'm back now though and after the embarrassing episode of going to vote on preliminaries last month after telling my mum I wasn't registered and her not believing me... 
I've made sure to get it done sooner rather than later cause we all know what's happening this November. 


But who cares about politics when there's Doctor Who on again? Last night was the season premiere and it was brilliant. I loved it but don't want to spoil anything for those who have not seen it. Moffat wrote it so it's safe to say that it was the perfect balance of being heart wrenching and awesome at the same time cause he tends to do that.

I made special Doctor Who brownies for the occasion. Now don't make fun of them, I was very rushed. It was half an hour before it started and my parents turned to each other and went 'hmmm wouldn't it be nice to have a treat for this? Lisa, brownies!' I didn't have much time or anything to work with. That is why the windows are uneven (my makeshift paper stencils are not the most heavy duty things) and my attempts to make it blue was just to dump blue sprinkles on it. There were however star spinkles inside. I thought that was really witty or something stupid like that. Cause you know, space. Anywho, next week I'll probably make something a lot more clever.

2 comments:

  1. Love the brownies. WishmI could have joined the premeire party with you. Chaplin did a wonderful job and i am sorry he is not doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brownies look amazing!!! Also, good luck this week at Western!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss your face.

    ReplyDelete