Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1, 2012

This week I remembered to write things down so I'll actually have things to talk about. Amazing, right?

Tuesday I went and saw the schools production of Enchanted April. It was quite good! Probably one of the best byui has put on. Still not as good as Hamlet but still not as horrible as Oedipus. (I will never forgive them for completely botching my favorite tragedy. One day I will see it done proper and that will be a good day indeed). I'm still a little miffed about the ending. I didn't like that Rose worked things out with Fredrick. I mean her and Mr. Wilding had some wild chemistry (haha I'm so funny). And they never really confront the fact that Fredrick was all with Caroline! Here is the ending that I wanted to have happen:

Fredrick: Oh Caroline, I have come to visit you because my wife is a prude religious woman and doesn't like me!
Caroline: Oh Mr. Florian Ayers! You're so sexy, take me awaaaay~
Rose: Fredrick? Is that Fredrick I hear?
Fredrick: Oh crap, my wife is here?

Enter Rose

Rose: Fredrick!
Fredrick: Rose!
Caroline: um... wtf?
Rose: Caroline, meet my husband, Fredrick.
Fredrick: HELLO CAROLINE. THIS IS TOTALLY US MEETING FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Caroline: .... HA HA NO. WE ARE NOT PULLING THIS CRAP. ROSE, I ALREADY KNOW THIS MAN AND WE HAVE BEEN GETTING IT ON. Like... on.
Rose: Oh. This does not surprise me at all because honestly I should have figured.  
Fredrick: Yeah, I was droppin' a lot of clues that you were not picking up.
Rose: Well guess what? I don't care! Caroline, you can have him. I'm going to run away with Mr. Wilding who you don't get along with anyway so it's pretty much a fair trade.
Caroline: Yay!
Fredrick: Yay!

Enter Mr. Wilding and let the crazy sexual tension between Rose and him commence. 

Off in their own little world... 

Lotty: I don't really understand how we can work considering the fact that I'm a peacock who just wants to fly and you're a stick in the mud but I love you so it's totes gonna work.
Mellersh: That's cool baby, now look at my mustache. Marvelous. 

THE END

 Sounds like the perfect ending, right? I should go into screen writing. Not that I haven't totally thought about it before or anything.  Yet another paper crumpled up in my dead dreams waste basket. 

Maybe it's the stress of finals or something but I have been waking up surprisingly early this week. Meaning, 7:30 or 8:00am when I don't have classes until 10:15 or 11:30. If you know me, which you do, you'll understand that's just one step below a miracle for me. I think it has to do with me turning the heating down in my room from 80º to 70º. I'm not stupid, I've known my whole life about the studies that show humans sleep better at night when it's slightly chilled. I just have always rejected that because I don't like it. I want to be warm. So warm I have been. I don't think it's so much that I slept better so I can wake up earlier. I think it's more like when I do wake up, I'm so freezing that I can't go back to sleep. Yeah, that's it. 


This week over all has been a great week (if you ignore the giant monster that is finals waiting behind the bushes for me tomorrow). Maybe it's fact that I've finally gotten into the proper routine of taking a vitamin every day. My body is rejoicing because for once in my life, I'm getting all the nutrients I need. Or perhaps it's because I have friends who ask me to go do things with them and I feel like they genuinely enjoy spending time with me. Or maybe life has just been freaking fantastic because I am fantastic. 


Thursday I went down to Idaho Falls to have dinner with Joe and Julie. Alyssa has gotten gigantic! She has two bottom teeth now and another one on top coming through any day. We went to a pizza buffet and I stuffed myself. I'm serious, it was ridiculous how much pizza I ate. I probably had at least two slices of each kind of pizza. There were probably 8 different kinds of pizza. This doesn't include the desert pizzas I ate. The whole point of me pointing this out was to say that I don't care anymore. I feel like this diet I've been putting myself through just makes me want to cry inside. Yes, I'm still going to try and eat more healthy but at the same time I'm not going to beat myself up when I mess up. That much pizza was probably a little excessive but you know what? I've never been over weight in my life. I may not have been my ideal weight but I'm healthy and perfect the way I am. I'm not a model, I never will be and I never will want to be. I'm just going to be me. The same old Lisa who was never the skinniest in her class but never quite an eye sore either. What I'm saying is: Diet over. I'm going to eat what I want and enjoy what I want because I don't need a diet. There. 

At the same time, I honestly have nothing to eat (that's an exageration, I have stuff to eat, I'm just saying my shelves are pretty bare) because I refuse to go shopping before the end of the semester. I can survive the last four days on pears, peaches, macaroni and cheese and bread. Plus I still need to make banana bread sometime before I go. Exciting~ Side note, I do enjoy using the little ~'s. Technically they're called tildes. They're supposed to be used to mean abbreviation and other linguistic stuff (Cecilia would be the one to know, not me).  Still, I like to think that it means I wrote the word down in a sing songy kind of flourish. Which is exactly what happens. 


Now for something completely different: I want a bucket list. I think I'm going to make one. Not today or this week (Too busy with finals) but soon. 

Now as I've said a bazillion times, finals are this week.  Really, I ought to say 'final' because I really only have one. My Chem final. I'm not looking forward to that at all. It's really my only final to worry about. That is because I've already finished all my other classes. It about killed me but I did. Finished my last quizzes and essays for the biology orientation course early in the week. Took all four parts of my biostats final on Friday and then all weekend I just finished up my final pieces for Drawing and my final paper for D&C. 


From the look of things, I'm going to pass almost all of my classes with straight A's. 
D&C: 95.34
Drawing: 96.14
Biostatistics: 91.49 (or higher, he hasn't graded my last assignment yet)
Biology: 97.65

In chem, I have a high B so who knows where I'm going to go with that. If I get a 100 on my exam on Tuesday and 100 on my final, I could get an A. But let's be honest, that probably won't happen unless I suddenly become a genius. I think I need to accept that I'm going to have a B (a high B but a B none the less) in chemistry. 


And with that, I leave you with this picture I took on campus. This ad makes me really happy.


P.s. Happy April Fools day! I promise nothing in this post was an April fools joke. I'd been planning to do something with Sabrina for the the day but we decided against it since it was on a Sunday and General Conference and all.

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous! Your ending is WAY better. Why didn't they address all the good drama. Otherwise it was fantastic. Good job on acing all your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your academic skills!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete