Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 12, 2014

I'm sitting here on the kitchen table, waiting for my donuts to cool enjoying the calm before the storm- also known as the few scarce moments of peace I get before having to rush off to work. Finally have a free moment to write about the last couple weeks. Which have been crazy. Crazy good and crazy stressful. 

Sarah and I surprised Stephanie for her birthday and boy did we get her good. She cried. I'm not saying that was our goal but I'm not saying that it wasn't the whole reason we did it. Stephanie likes Les Mis. A lot. Can anyone blame her? It's fantastic. So, for her birthday she told us that all she wanted to do was watch the 25th anniversary show of Les Mis together because I'd only ever seen the movie adaption from last year. Sarah and I both figured that if it was a Les Mis birthday Stephanie wanted, that's what she would get. Then we got super sneaky. Both of us told her we had to work that Saturday. She fell for that- pshhhh like we would have forgotten to ask for her birthday off, please. 

On Friday, she and I met half way in Jackson and got dinner/celebrated her birthday (with delicious green tea ice cream and sushi). After we were done, we hugged and parted ways. Kinda. Stephanie left for home and I pretended to go back to Kzoo but instead followed her home. That night- Sarah and I stayed up all night preparing. 

Imagine coming home from an afternoon out with your dad and opening the door to your basement. Immediately you see french flags and a song starts playing. "Do you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry men..." 


Then before you know it, you're having poppers shot at you from behind a barricade. 


The cake even had a barricade and although it wasn't the best tasting thing I've cooked (haha emergency canned flour anyone?) it was super cool looking.


Sarah and I even dressed up and made ourselves the little pins they wear and we had made an extra one for Steph to wear once she got there. 

 

During this whole thing, Sarah and I forgot to eat and so we were sitting in the dark waiting for Stephanie to get home when we realized how terribly hungry we were. And we did the most stupid thing: ordered a pizza. We must have had some good karma saved up because the delivery guy got there five minutes after Stephanie did. Otherwise that would have been really awkward if we were standing at the door accepting a pizza when they arrived home. "surprise!" 

The 25th anniversary of Les Mis was amazing and I think I quite liked the singing of that much more than the movie. Especially because of Ramin Karimloo. The angry shout singing, man. I tell ya. 

I know other things happened in the last few weeks. I know something big happened. But at the moment I can not for the life of me remember what it is. It's 70 degrees right now and I'm in a skirt. A skirt. All my herbs have sprouted and it's 14 days until graduation. 




1 comment:

  1. It was the best birthday I've ever had. No exaggeration. :):):):)

    Also I want those donutsssss

    ReplyDelete