Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3, 2013

All this excitement over David Bowie the last few weeks and I'm sad to realize that 80% of the people that I work with do not know who David Bowie is. I'm done, I'm ready to leave and live off in the hills alone.

I was complaining about not getting school off because we're big kids now but I got my wish. This Thursday, the whole campus was closed and classes canceled. Unfortunately I did not find this out until after I got up, got ready, and walked all the way down to the bus stop. The whole way down I was thinking, 'boy, it sure is cold and horrible today... wow, there's no-one else walking to the bus stop this morning. Huh, no cars on the roads either...' I did have the brains to quickly check my phone and then I got to walk all the way back up to my apartment. Cold and numb, I fell back into my bed and didn't wake back up until after 2:30 in the afternoon. 

Finally kicked my butt into order to go get my hair cut, since it's been about four months since my last one. I can finally put it back up, it kind of surprised everyone at work because I'm usually too lazy to do anything with it. 


Over this weekend, I saw Warm Bodies and it was fantastic. I don't even care if anyone judges me for seeing it. It was amazing because it was. It had great music, good jokes, and it didn't take itself too seriously. It knew it was a corny zombie love movie and it ran with it. And I'm not kidding about the good music. Any film that features Elbow is fine by me. I've been listening to Elbow like crazy since this summer and once they decide to come back to America, they're mine.

Superbowl today, other than the good food that happens to be out and about around Superbowl Sunday, it's not my cup of tea. Iron Man 3 trailer and Star Trek trailer were pretty fly though. We were super slow at work because seriously, who would want to go out to eat when everyone has parties and such? I don't even know if the game is over yet, although I did bet on the Ravens but only because I always vote on whatever the giraffs at the zoo vote for. Always trust the giraffs. I'm sure I'll hear all about the winners tomorrow. 

In the mean time, this is my jam. 

1 comment:

  1. That song is freakin awesome. Took me a week later for me to listen to it..........but yes. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete