It's finally December but instead of snow, we've been having 50 degree weather. It's not that I'm ungrateful for the warmer weather, I just really want it to snow. It doesn't look like we're going to get some any time soon. In the mean time I will just twiddle my thumbs and wait.
The new job's been fun, if not time consuming. I thought maybe because my paperwork hadn't gone through yet that I wouldn't have to work this weekend and I might get to go to Chicago and visit Cindy again before the holidays. They let me work anyway and I am thankful, even though I'm missing Cindy, because I really do need the money. Still, this holiday season is going to be a poor college student's Christmas so I hope people don't get offended when I don't get them presents. I just can't afford it at this point, I'll make it up to them later.
Fun thing that happened this week is that they fixed all the locks on our apartment building doors. Because of the holidays coming up and that being a big time for break-ins, they wanted to make sure they all locked for our safety. At first glance this is good. I know logically I should also be appreciative of this measure they went to but I, as so did most others who live here, like the fact that the doors were broken. It was easier that way. We already have four keys that come with our apartments to worry about let alone another key to just get inside the complex building. Plus having those doors locked make getting groceries in 2x as hard and 2x the hassle. So, for as long as I've lived here they've been broken anyway and as long as you slightly jiggle the handle it will open right away. Now, you have to dig out your keys and fiddle with the key in the lock for a while until it finally unlocks. Great for when you're being weighed down by 50 pounds of groceries.
The best part of all this was that they gave us no warning. They didn't tell anyone that they were fixing the locks until they already did it and then sent out an email explaining why they had done it. The problem is, this caused a lot of people to get locked out by accident. I myself had been caught by surprise but thankfully I had my keys on me. Didn't stop me from looking like an idiot as I stood there staring at the door trying to figure out why it wasn't magically opening up as usual. The thing is, people don't like getting locked out. People do stupid things when they're locked out. Instead of going to the office and telling them you're locked out or phoning a roommate to let you in, people can do stupid things. Stupid things like this:
This is what the handle on our apartment complex door looks like. In case you didn't notice, there's no longer a handle. Some stupid guy got locked out and thought, "Hey, I'll just connect it to my car and pull it until the door opens up!" Well congratulations, the door still didn't open up but you did manage to break it but this time in a completely non helpful way.
I've still been too lazy to bug my mother for photos over thanksgiving week and all I have on me are photos of Ellie because we had a photo shoot together before I left. What I mean by photo shoot is while I was trying to take pictures of some food, she decided to jump and sit in the middle of it so I took a million photos of her instead.
I don't understand how anyone could hate cats. Then again, people say they don't understand how I could ever dislike dogs. It's just preference in the end. I just remember this girl I used to work with at my old job. I actually really got along with her but one day we were talking about pets and she showed me a picture of her dog. I politely told her how cute it was even though I am not a dog person. Since we were sharing with each other I asked her if she wanted to see a picture of my cat. She said "Ew, no." At first I thought she was joking, because a lot of people who are not cat people make jokes like that. Nope, she was dead serious, she did not want to see a picture of my cat and walked away. It kind of broke me heart a bit. Ellie is ridiculously important to me and if I can sit and listen while you go on and on about your stupid little dog and look at every single image you throw at me of him, you could at least not tell me that you think the animal I love is disgusting.
Look at that. Look at that absolute babe. My kitten is gorgeous. She is friendly, loving, and silly. She's such a goofball and makes me laugh. She makes me happy and she cheers me up on bad days, on the worst days. I wish I could have her with me every single day because I miss her and it's not the same without her. But thank you for saying she's gross before even letting me tell you about her. I'll keep that in mind next time you try to tell me about your annoying dog.
Well that turned into a rant. I apologize, I just miss a best friend.


I'm more of a cat person I think too. Even though I love my dogs. But there's just something about cats...
ReplyDelete