Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

What a crazy week. I'm so tired that I almost want to skip the blogging until tomorrow but I know I won't have any time tomorrow either because I have a Halloween party to go to. So, I will try to muster the energy and make a descent post tonight. It was midterms last week and it's pretty hard to believe that we're already half way done with the semester. It doesn't seem like it was really so much pressure now but during the week because of tests, absentee ballot voting, Halloween shopping and etc, it was pretty intense. I survived though and I even did pretty well on all my exams. Only one question wrong on my bio exam and a stupid mistake at that! Grrr, oh well.

 I got the best reward for all my hard work; going down and spending the weekend in Chicago with my sister.

We were all pretty exhausted Friday night. Me, cause I had just had a full school day with a calculus exam plus a two hour drive and Cindy because she was at work until 10 in the evening. I got to hang out with her at work and that was actually more fun than it sounds because her work isn't a normal office and game designers have a lot of toys on their desks. I hope none of her coworkers get upset if they notice their iron man is in a different position now. Whoops!

I really do like Chicago and even though after living there the past few years, Cindy is tired of it, I'm not. Saturday, she was kind enough to let us do silly touristy stuff. Mainly, go see the bean. Do you know how many times I've been to Chicago? Actually a few number of times. Do you know how many times I've seen the bean? Never. Everyone goes to the bean! It's a giant freaking metallic reflective bean in downtown Chicago! I've been pretty much in love with it for years now but whenever I'm in Chicago, there just seems to be more important things to do with our time than see a silly tourist attraction.



So there's me in front of the bean and it was just as cool and amazing as I had imagined it would be. We did a lot of other walking around downtown that afternoon and Cindy forced me to allow her to buy me a birthday present and then she wouldn't even let me pay for lunch when we went to the cheesecake factory and oh my gosh was that delicious. We also went to the lincoln park zoo and saw some lazy bears.


We also went to a corn maze with Michael. I've never done a corn maze before because my friends are lame and never want to do things like that. It was lots of fun. They also had this zombie raid thing where you sit on a tracker and hit actors with paintballs but the wait was three hours long. Sure, we had hot cider but we were not ready to wait in the cold that long! Perhaps another year we will have to do that. Also, on a random note, vegan pizza really isn't that bad! Also vegan cookies, hardly can taste the difference. On Sunday we carved pumpkins and watched scary movies. Left is mine, middle pumpkin is Cindys and on the right, Michaels pumpkin.


Sadly I had to leave Sunday but I managed to procrastinate leaving until way late in the evening so I didn't really get back to my apartment until around 2am. Needless to say it made my day today a lot harder but I still don't regret it. Especially since when I woke up I had an email from my biology professor. Not a mass email that is usually sent out to the class but a personal email addressing me specifically.

Remember that test I was talking about before? My professor was emailing me to congratulate me and to tell me that she was impressed and glad at how well I've been doing in the class and she wants to meet with me to discuss research opportunities. Yeah... I'm super nervous and I have no idea what we're going to discuss but this is just fantastic and I'm over the moon. That's a phrase, right?

Oh yeah, I mentioned last week that I was working on something. May I introduce to you, Adventure Tea!

Custom signature blends from Adagio of your favorite Adventure Time characters!
So far, there's three blends to this series. Human, Magic Dog, and Sweet Science but there are many more to come! (Well, at least eight or nine that me and my friend Kat are working on right now) We do taste test every flavor before we allow them to be open to the public and of course I have to make the graphic and stuff like that. So yes, that's my big secret. We made them public this week and people have already been buying them! I'm so excited to start getting reviews in because sometimes I worry that my taste buds are so off from the norm but that's why I've got Kat and Lance helping me out.

This week is the most magical holiday of the year, Halloween! At first I was going to be going back down to Chicago to trick or treat with Cindy and Michael but it sounds like Cindy's going to be at work super late up until they leave for their trip to Antarctica so by the time she's off we'd miss trick or treating time. Still, I'm probably going home now to help my parents hand out candy because I just want to sob and cry at every single little person I see dressed up as a superhero.

1 comment:

  1. No wayyyy!!! I always knew Biology was your thang! And also - that's awesome!!!!! I want some adventure tea!! I also need to start watching that show. I have heard all good things - I feel like I would like it.

    ReplyDelete